I pretty much took the month of November off of the blog for anyone who was wondering. I was able to participate and be a winner of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November! The idea is that you needed to write 50,000 words in the month of November, which is the size of a novella or short novel. It was a really great experience. It was the first time I ever wrote anything of this magnitude, and I learned a lot about what it takes to write one and about my own writing habits.
- I definitely was a procrastinator, writing just over half my novel in the last week of the month.
- Plantser: I benefited from a general outline of my story that I had made as well as a lot of freedom to adjust or add to the framework (Planner +Pantser)
- My writing pace is about 1,500 words per hour
- There is a LOT of editing to be done if I want to get my novel into shape
- It was a really cool and fun experience!
My make-shift novel cover is my photo above, and as you can see the title is Explorer Corps. Hope everyone else had a great November!